Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Photo Class on A Rainy Day.

I just took a photography class at Field's Pond Audubon Society Center in Hermon, Maine. It was not as informative or exciting as I had hoped, but I did gain some insightful info ... both from the instructor and the participants. One thing I learned that I will act on immediately, is that Mac is the way to go for post processing photos. So ... I will soon be short one PC and will be the proud owner of this little baby --- thanks to a close friend who works for Apple. (How about the rest of you? Anyone else moving over to Mac from PC?). I also learned that I prefer photographing slugs to birds. Or maybe it is just that I prefer shooting the creatures that no one else wants to photograph. Lastly, I think I got some much needed encouragement/ confirmation that those photographers who fancy themselves "better" than others --- are not. And that the incredibly gifted photographers who recognize that all photographers have something unique to share ... are the "better" ones ... though they would never say so.

Anyway - it was a nice experience. I highly recommend Field's Pond to those of you who love to shoot birds. They have such a wonderful space for viewing so many species.

Happy Shooting.
~ JLR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your thoughts are very important to me.